Our baboon bus is running at reduced capacity on weekends throughout the year. It will run every day through the school holidays.
Get Up Close and Personal
The car-friendly route on our safari drive allows you to avoid the baboon and lion enclosures, but why would you want to? We don’t want anyone to miss out on the fun and know that many of our guests don’t have a car or are worried about their car becoming damaged. Leave your worries at the gate and book a seat on the Baboon Bus for just £6.50 per person on top of our normal admission price.
Worried about car damage at Knowsley Safari?
We don’t blame you, our baboons love to get up to mischief. If you stick to the rules of the safari drive, our animals are highly unlikely to cause any significant damage as they are so used to cars in the safari. If you are worried about your car and still want the full experience, take a ride on the Knowsley Safari Baboon Bus.
What is the Baboon Bus?
The Baboon Bus is our very own fleet of buses. Climb aboard to explore the whole safari at the weekend and every day throughout the school holidays (subject to availability). This non-stop drive lasts between 1-2 hours and takes you right up close to some of the world’s most amazing animals including lions, rhino, zebra and our hilarious baboons.
Not only do our experienced drivers escort you around, but there is no need to avoid some of the most exciting parts of the safari drive by taking the car-friendly route. You don’t even have to worry about your car being used as a climbing frame for our furry friends. The Baboon Bus is kitted out with ladders and ropes for the baboons to swing about right next to the windows. All you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the drive.
Planning a birthday or special occasion? You can hire our Baboon Bus to enjoy a private tour with your group at the weekend or during the school holidays. See our VIP Guided Tours, which are now running on our Baboon Bus due to social distancing rules.
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Baboon Bus tickets are £6.50 per person and children under 1 are free if they are sat on an adult's knee.
- The Baboon Bus is not included with our standard admission price and does not currently run on weekdays during term time.
- As the Baboon Bus is very popular with our guests, places are subject to availability and we recommend booking in advance.
- Book online to confirm your seat on the bus.
- No seats left online? Check with staff when you arrive at the park for any last-minute availability.
- Children under 1 year of age can sit on an adult's knee for free. However, we recommend all guests purchase their own seat for comfort.
- Please arrive at the bus stop on time to allow prompt departure. If you are late, we won’t wait.
Prams & Wheelchairs
- Prams are not permitted on the Baboon Bus as we have nowhere to store them. Please use the pram park at your own risk or leave prams in your vehicle.
- Wheelchair users - please contact us on 0151 430 9009, using extension 6, to discuss availability.
- If you require special access on the Baboon Bus, please give us at least 48 hours notice so we can convert the bus for wheelchair access.
Terms & Conditions
- Baboon Bus tickets are non-refundable.
- Please arrive early so we can depart on time. Tickets are not transferrable to other services.
- Food is not permitted on the bus.
- Air-Conditioning is not provided on the bus and windows must remain closed in certain sections. The bus can get very hot at times so please bring water with you on hot days.
- Passengers must remain seated at all times.
- During busy periods the tour can take up to 2 hours and completes the full 5 ½ mile drive.
- Our animals behave naturally and we cannot guarantee all species will be available or visible during your visit.
- We reserve the right to alter our schedule or cancel a service without notice.
- During periods of high winds, some areas may not be accessible for safety reasons.
- When booking a private tour we require a minimum booking of £100 or 10 people.